Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yep, another cyst.

Blah. I called the dr today, and the nurse said it sounds like another cyst, but this one ruptured. No more spotting last night, but I've been bleeding pretty much all day. Nurse said as long as pain continues to decrease, I shouldnakt need to come in.
My annual exam should be in July, and my plan before this was to wait it out until then to discuss options for being DONE. A hysterectomy would be splendid. I know I'm young and all that jazz, but I'm SO DONE. At least take this stinkin' left ovary. 2 months off bc, and it's been a miserable week. I couldn't really talk to the nurse when she called, as I had a therapist sitting in the pharmacy, waiting on meds for her patient who was getting out of the hospital, near closing time, on the day before a holiday. So, my plan is to call back tomorrow (I'm hoping they aren't closed!) and ask more questions. Will I have a "normal" period even though I'm bleeding now? Should I be prepared for hellacious cramping, or less-hellacious cramping? Should I start bc again until I get an appt and we discuss options? Could she please *not* inform me that if I'm ttc'ing that NOW is a great time to have sex? 'Cause, you know, that kinda requires an ingredient we rather lack. Sigh. I know she was just trying to help, but I struggled to keep it together to finish up my work.
My top choice: go ahead and take it ALL, it's doing me NO GOOD! At this point, I'd be more than happy to take hormones for the rest of my life. My next choice: please just take the left ovary! My ultimatum: if you're gonna leave everything intact, I need more pain meds. Like, enough that I don't have to ration them. Problem: I know what doctors think of people who request pain meds. I'm not big on taking meds for every little ache or twinge - I've always had that suck it up and deal with it attitude. Couple that with a pretty high threshold for pain, and by the time I'm hurting bad enough to take some meds, otc products don't really make the pain go away.
And work - well, that's a whole other post for another day, when I'm not on pain meds. Suffice it to say fruit basket turnover is about to begin, and come Monday it's a toss-up as to who is fired, who gets mad and quits, and what position those remaining assume. I'm fairly certain my job is not at stake, but then again, half of the ffice doesn't know anything is going on, and those who are aware were only inadvertently informed late today.
Here's to making it through a busy weekend, with 2 places to be for lunch and 2 places for supper. Oh, and Happy Easter!

No comments: