Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Baby and a Promise

We mwt some friends at a restaurant tonight, then went for ice cream. At the ice cream place, we ran into some other friends from church, who had a baby a few weeks ago. It's been many months since I held a snuggly lil guy, and she said we could take him out of his seat. Aaahhhhhhh I opted out of the ice cream in exchange for snuggle time! The scale will thank me later, and my baby meter is full.
As we were walking back to the car, hubby found a penny on the ground to put in our baby fund. (Remember the Christmas gift from the nephews, the jug for change they find?) I wasn't sad that we're going home empty-handed; in fact, I'm still holding it so it won't get lost in my purse. This little copper promise of things to come will go straight from my fist to the baby fund!

No comments: