Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I've lost it a little more hahaha

So there's something going on with my car. It s-l-o-w-l-y loses water somehow, like over the course of a few weeks, which in turn (if left unchecked) drains the radiator. Honestly, I'm not sure how my car wasn't running hot before my dad discovered there was a problem. He says there's either a leaky hose somewhere, or a blown head gasket. No biggie, as we only have 2 more truck payments left on Mr. NotTheMama's truck, then we're getting me something else anyway. Unless....
Unless it starts running rough again... I hadn't checked the H2O in a while, and I could tell when I cranked it yesterday, I needed to add water. I was in a hurry, so I just skipped it. Today, I was a little earlier in leaving, so I went back to the house, unlocked the door, and ran in and grabbed some water. Went back to my car, poured in the correct amount, got in my car, and drove to work.... Notice a missing step in there? Notice I said I UNLOCKED the door, but mentioned nothing about LOCKING IT BACK?????????? Yeah, me either.... I left right before 8:30 this morning.... I get home after 5, and my front door is standing WIDE OPEN!!!!!!! At this point, I don't really REMEMBER not shutting and locking the door, so I call hubby and talk to him as I go in the house. My cell works in the yard, and right inside the front door, but after that, it loses signal. Hahaha I kept talking, just like I was still carrying on a conversation, until I had checked most of the house. I had to get to church, so I didn't have time to check the rest. After my little class was over, I came back home, and sat in my car for about 15 minutes waiting for hubby to get in from work. Thankfully, we live in the middle of nowhere, but "downtown" middle-of-nowhere... Um, I.E., we live across the road from the gas station, and beside the post office, which is across the road from the fire department. Which, I guess, is a good thing, since I seem to have a problem remembering to unplug the iron, too....

No comments: