So, we've been kicking around the idea of trying for the impossible. This weekend we purchased a male fertility test, and an OP. After much discussion. And a few different stores. On different days. Saturday night, we almost got an op, then I talked myself out of it. Sunday afternoon, we went to a couple of places looking for mft's. Then when we saw the price, we wandered around the store, debating on whether we wanted to spend (a total for both things) over $70 on this stuff, when more than likely we'll just be going to the doctor after we try these 2 things. If we could ever get on the same page at the same time, it would be like (insert the names of your two favorite superheroes here). Instead, we're more like Tom and Jerry, always chasing each other. But I digress. We bought the stuff. On the way home, I was reading the inserts, and it looks like, at least for my part, we'll be waiting until May. As for his part, well, we've got half a month.
**Oh wow, so on our first anniversary, we'll be starting the OP? Gee, um, happy anniversary, but not tonight, honey... How many people can say that?
**So how long do we do this whole OP thing before we go to the doctor? We haven't really spent the last year "trying" to get pregnant per se, but we definitely haven't done a thing to prevent it, either.
**Are there other things we should try before the doctor? Or should we just go straight to the doctor because we already know what the problem is? And should I mention this to my gyn, and will he want to start running tests on me?
**Not telling anyone about this.... His family is just way too private for such info, and my family is just way too hopeful of it happening anyway, because God still does miracles. (Note: I've probably said it here before, but I'll say it again. I don't doubt that God CAN allow us to become preggers. I just don't think it's gonna happen like that... Which brings up several other questions about why we're trying to begin with, if I don't think it's gonna happen.... A girl can always hope, right?)
**So we're really gonna do this... Best case scenario: he actually has sp*erm and it won't take a lot of procedures and testing and time and money to get (and stay) pregnant. Worst case scenario: either A) He has no sperm, but we at least have the consolation of knowing for sure, or B) We try everything possible, none of it works, and we put off adoption until we can afford it.
Whatever happens, at the very least, we will not have to look back in 50 years and wonder what if.... But for the rest of this month, I'm just not gonna worry (okay, I'm gonna TRY not to wory!!) about the months and years to come, and just bask in the joy of knowing that WE ARE