Wednesday, April 30, 2008

False alarm for me, pregnancy after loss for my sister, possible adoption for a friend, opening a new office this week

And once upon a time, I thought life would slow DOWN after marriage!! Hardly.... Anyway, the title basically says it all....
Of course, false alarm for me, I kid you not, as soon as I signed off after my last post, I began spotting. (TMI, sorry) I went so far as to calculate a due date on the computer. Dont' really feel like commenting on all of that.
My sister will be having my next niece or nephew on Dec 19, scheduled C-section. She is nervous and scared and excited. At least it's not very close to what I calculated. I'm happy for her, and hope everything goes well. Last summer, she lost her baby. Once again, don't really feel like commenting.
Found out Sunday night that a family friend and her hubby have gotten news that they will likely be bringing home a newborn from the hospital in about 8 weeks. The birth parents have 5 days to change their minds after the baby is born. Sister-in-law and I can't remember exactly when the friend started her paperwork, but it has absolutely been way less than the 3-5 years I have been told the wait would be, maybe a year, if even that. They are going through d.h.r, which I said I would never do, but it does make a girl think. At any rate, it's about time for her and her hubby to get their little bundle of joy, they've been trying for years.
Opening a new office... Tomorrow is the oofficial day, gotta be there 2-3 hours earlier than usual. I've been doing lots of driving around this week. It's gonna be way better once we get everything situated, but the location is not really convenient anymore. I'm probably at least 5 miles away from any one place I deliver, and now I have to turn onto a busy 4-lane with no traffic signal and limited sight. It will be good for the ole' mileage check, but not good on the ole' nerves... I'm not too fond of lots of traffic!!! Oh well, I'll be getting more hours and more mileage.
I also learned something new tonight @ church. I was showing my kids an Adventures in 0dyssey video. I got out our Strong's Concordance (the one I got for hubby one year, and I have used it more! Ha!) to look up some verses on friends, had a few extra minutes, and jotted down verses on barren women in the Bible. Most of us know the story of Samson, but for some reason, I had never really paid much attention to the beginning: Samson's parents were infertile until Samson came along. (I was reading all of this while the girls were watching their video... Bad teacher, pay attention!!! Hey, I had already watched the video twice though!) The thought occured to me that in several instances of infertility in the Bible, the child ended up in something big. Look at Abraham and Sarah, who gave birth in old age to 2 brothers whose lineages have been in constant war together, even today. Samson and Delilah.... So the kids learned about friendship and standing behind your friends when they are wrongly accused and God showing faithfulness through our friends, and I learned a little about infertility.
Amidst all of the busy-ness of the week, I have actually been at a loss for words. I'm not pregnant, my sister is (again), 2 families we are friends with gave birth in the last 2 weeks, an infertile friend is adopting.... The tears are always close, but so far even when I wanted to, I could not cry. Even now, as I look over and see the booklet from the male fertility test that didn't really give us any results at all, the tears are back there, somewhere. I've had a Gi.nny 0wens song on my mind a lot lately...
The pathway is broken
ths signs are unclear
I don't know the reasons
Why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through this valley
If You want me to
I'm not who I was When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to You
I will go through the fire if You want me to
And it may not be the way I would've chosen
When You lead me through a world that's not my home
but You never said it would be easy...
You only said I'd never go alone.
So when the whole worl turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear you answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering that Your love put you through
And I will walk through this valley if You want me to
...........

No comments: