Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Isn't it Ironic?

Whoa, that song brings back some memories. Anyhoo.
I'm sitting in the lobby for my annual exam. Had an uneventful, if not sleepy, drive down, with surprisingly little traffic, hit all the red lights perfect, etc. But I digress.
The ironic thing? There's a pile of "baby talk," and family-type magazines on one table. All conversing happily, of course. On the table beside it, is one, single, lonely Conceive magazine.
And could the nurse please not sound so cheery when I hear her make a call to another patient that her "numbers are going down," and to come back in 2 weeks for bloodwork?
And with that, bring on lots of staring at the ceiling, biting of the lower lip, and just trying to make it back to the car. All for a stupid check-up, seriously?
In other, more positive news, my blood pressure is good :)

No comments: