Thursday, July 24, 2008

Coming through....

... Received an awesome message tonight, from the "R" part of the R&B radio show. You know, R.i.c.k & B.u.b.b.a. You don't know? What?!?! Check them out... Anyway...
At a local humongous (for our county, anyway!) church, they were having some kind of FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) "thing," where Rick was the speaker... Now, I honestly don't think I can call myself an athlete any longer... Once upon a time, but, well, ah, that whole 18-wheeler thing kind of ended a lot of stuff for me! But I am a Christian, so I went.... Hahaha, just kidding (wait, no I'm not) actually the public was invited so hubby and I made plans to go with my older sister, who didn't get to go.... So hubby and I went. Good times, good times... Great message, he really shot straight from the hip. And mentioned adoption and how it doesn't matter if you're the biological mom or not, that "mama" connection is still there, so that was an added bonus! ;) For now, let's just say things are really looking up.... And since things are looking up, I'm about to go get the best night's sleep I've had in almost a week... Hey, 4 hours or less a night for multiple nights only worked in high school and early college years... Be back tomorrow or Saturday with mucho more details. Suffice it to say, it brought about a conversation between hubby and I about sharing our story and being more open about the adoption thing, in order to help other people in similar situations, and point others to Christ. Because that's really what it's all about anyway... Going to snooze!

No comments: