Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Random bullet points

Crazy times. Bullet points it is!
*short trip - We spent the weekend in the mountains with my parents. With no children! Love them, but when none of them truly "belong" to you, sometimes it's nice to have some grown-up time. And it was awesome! Lots of good ice cream, no agenda, changing plans on a whim all weekend. So relaxing!
*work - is crazy. I enjoy a long weekend a few times a year, but the catch-up craziness almost makes it not worth it! :/ And our fax machine stopped working over the weekend! We have, in the last couple of weeks, fired one, hired one, and been short-handed (and therefore behind) during the turnover. Throw in some crazy demands from our home office, and more days than not, I'm ready to just walk out. However, that's not an option, so I'm just making the best of it.
*house - is cleaner in the past 2 days than it has been in months! Laundry is relatively caught up (washed, dried, folded, AND put away, yo!), with only a couple loads left. ALL dishes are washed, dried, *and* put away, all my kitchen counters are cleaned off... We came home last night, and my plan is to set reasonable goals daily, and do just a bit more than I had planned. Last night, I planned to straighten the living room. I did that, and washed up a few dishes while I was waiting on some clothes to finish washing. Tonight, I planned to cook supper, finish the dishes, and keep the living room clean. I also cleaned our smallest bathroom from top to bottom, and cleaned off an extra counter. Not sure what will happen tomorrow night. I need to go to church, I need to work on VBS stuff for later this month, I need to keep on this cleaning streak so I don't start falling behind again. I want to see my nephews and nieces. I'll probably be exhausted, seeing as it is after midnight and I would normally have been in bed for at least 2 hours by now ;) Goals are good!
*adoption - is still... Holding on! Hoping to schedule this pesky last home visit that continues to not happen. Hoping for the end of June? Really wanting to get approved and hurry up and wait. I know it will happen when it's supposed to happen, but I want to be doing something proactive to make it happen.
*more - I'm sure I had more to say... But it's late, I'm tired, and I just heard the dryer shut off. Time to finish it up and get some sleep, preparing for another crazy day!

No comments: