Monday, May 16, 2011

I just need to blog about my friend!!!

I could tell you how dumb my job is right now, but I read a blog post last night that made me smile, and did my heart so good!
Meet Ruthie. (Everybody say hi) She and I and her now-hubby worked together at a summer camp several years ago. I don't even remember how I ran across her blog, but she has two beautiful little twin girls. She tells the funniest stories about them, and she writes just like she talks - she's hilarious! ;)
I think I've mentioned the tragedy our state experienced a few weeks ago, when we had some record-breaking tornadoes. Last week, Ruth wrote about perepective. Sunday afternoon, I was waiting for my baby cousin to wake up, and I was clicking through some blogs I tend to click through in my spare time.
Ruth had posted again, and it was her last paragraph that reached out and grabbed me in a huge bear hug. My favorite part was where she acknowledged those of us who are moms, but don't have our children in our arms yet. Go on over to bogueandweejer.blogspot.com and then come back.....
!!! I wish I could say that it's not the exception to the rule for someone to see me as a Mama. I wish I could say that rolling eyes and weird looks were not the "norm" when I talk my kids. The truth is, aside from my blog, I've become extremely selective about just who I talk about it with. Mainly just immediate family and a select few close friends who I KNOW "get it."
It's something so simple. Just one little comment in a whole big post about being thankful for what she has. But those little comments really mean so much! In a world where people facing infertility or being childless NOT by choice are segregated and even looked down upon, it is so comforting when someone can reach over the huge divide and simply validate the way so many of us feel!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Your post made me cry. :) Thank you for your sweet words. They meant so much to me. Thank you for sharing that with me and your readers. It's so ironic...in the past few months, I've had several friends find out they may have trouble having biological children or it might be an impossibility altogether. And it absolutely breaks my heart for them. And then I have some kind of loser acquaintances that say things like, "I hope we have a boy next, because I don't want any more girls" or vice versa. You can't even imagine how furious I get about things like that..."we're trying for a boy/girl because we already have one of the other." And honestly, I #1 wouldn't have had such a strong reaction if I hadn't had my own kids and #2 didn't have friends (who are like my sisters) struggling with infertility. And I'm like, "You are a crappy person for saying that. How selfish and inconsiderate. There are husbands and wives out there longing for their children. And God has put that desire in their heart and will bring them one way or another. But how dare you say any child, boy or girl, is less worthy of you having him or her just because 'you already have another one.'" Obviously, that subject gets me super rialed up. :) Ha, I don't know if any of that makes sense. But, I just felt like I wanted you guys to know that I'm praying for you and I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Thanks for being an inspiration.