Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's *really* going on?

I started to post about how I miss my babies. I've wondered why I have this unexplainable urge to cry at random times today. Why am I so stinkin' tired, and why can't I get motivated to get off the couch and DO something?!? And wow at the anger monster rearing its ugly head over the smallest thing! (No, I'm not - that whole lack of sp*erm thing, remember?)
Duh. Couldn't have anything to do with Tuesday night and Wednesday plans, could it? Meet Niece #2. Seventh person to call me Aunt NotTheMama and really "belong" to me. Well, eighth, really, but one never made it to Earth. :(
Tuesday night, nephew C will spend the night. I was able to arrange an early morning dental cleaning to avoid taking a vacation day, then we will be playing it by ear. We will either be heading to the hospital, or a restaurant-with-a-playground, depending on when Little Sister will be joining us on the Outside.
I'm so excited to finally meet my newest niece! And see C's face when he gets to hold her for the very first time! And spend our last "unshared" time together!
But... And I'm really weary of all the "but's" I have to insert... Hospital time has been difficult for a few years, but this is the first hospital time since we started the adoption process, and since we "officially" found out there would be no 9-months-and-hospital-time for us, and even though she's only younger by 13 months, my baby sister is having her second and I'm still waiting on my first. And I have to hold it together until I hand off the nephew to someone else.
What a major whine-fest!!! But it's where I am. This, too, shall pass. In 6 more days. :)

No comments: