Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My, what a rowdy bunch!

I had 6 girls tonight... Or was it 60? It sounded like 60, but I have too much candy left for that number.
But do you want to know what I LOVE?
.
.
.
.
.
I love the reception I got when I walked in. They were eating, I walk in with 2 books plus my Bible, a box of candy, a bag of candy, phone, keys, etc, and am nearly knocked down by a swarm of kids of all ages all hugging me and hanging on me and asking me a billion questions, and mostly "can we have some candy?"
Rowdy bunch, those kids... But excited that Mrs NotTheMama is getting a child. And just as appalled as I am that international adoption is so darn expensive. And they think all the rules and regulations are bordering on ridiculous. And they want me to get a 10-year-old. It's funny and cute that they all request a child their age, no matter how young or old they are. Even if they know the age we requested.
I'm glad I decided to teach again this year. I have mostly "church girls," who basically know the Bible stories, with one who kinda knows some stuff, and another who is a clean slate with little to no knowledge. So I'm using 2 books. The first is a children's book of object lessons. It requires minimal preparation and not much extra "stuff"... Tonight I only needed crackers, but we used gum instead. The other book was written for adults. It explains about the different names of God used in the Bible.
I find that most people, adults and children alike, do not really know that when our KJV, NIV, etc Bibles say "God" this or "God" that, the original Hebrew/Greek meanings were so much more. We use God as an umbrella term, and miss the significance a lot of times. So it's a good book for the Clean Slates and the OMG Do We Have to Hear About Jonah And The Whale Again crowd.
It's gonna be a great year! :)

No comments: