Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November - Thanksgiving, birthday, NAAW

... But not really in that order!
All month, it's National Adoption Awareness Month. I'm telling myself (and now all 3-ish of you) that I will post at least one adoption-related fact/verse/statistc/anecdote per day, to my f*cebook. I didn't really make that announcement on fb, because I didn't want to look like a total goof if I make it to Day 5 and get caught up in other things... Or just forget that I was going to do it, or decide to post instead about how awesome my chicken and dumplins are, even if I DID make them... But it's okay to put it here, because there is exactly one person who is my fb friend AND a reader of my blog, so I'm pretty safe... Unless the rest of you are on fb and send me a friend request! ;) (which is totally okay, too lol) People like to talk about their kids; while I'm waiting, I like to talk about how mine will join our family!
My birthday is a few days away. The last year of my 20's, but hey, all 30 means is I'm old enough to adopt from China! 28 hasn't been that bad overall, but I'm hoping 29 is better. :)
Thanksgiving... We have so much to be thankful for, and I'm working on that. I tend to see the "realistic" (read: sometimes "negative") side of things. It's easy to get caught up in the busy-ness and that feeling of being pulled in a million directions, and forget that life IS good, things could actually be MUCH worse, and one day things WILL get better.
Of course there's also shopping, and holiday-vacation time, and family time, and hopefully a completed porch rail and home study. Busy month!

No comments: