Friday, February 20, 2009

See? That wasn't so scary, now was it?

No, it was not scary at all... So, hubby and I had been talking about letting more people know about our if and desire to adopt. Tonight, we got together with friends from church again (we really need a name for this -- there have been suggestions, including from our pastor, who suggested {hubby's name} And His C.oncubines, and tonight we came up with {Hubby's name} and The Sirens [pronounced sigh-REENS, as in Oh B.rother Where A.rt Thou] but for real, yo) Okay that train just derailed.... Hard to focus with this darn migraine!
So. Where were we... Oh yes, we were in the home of some friends... Small group tonight, several have sick kids, performances, etc. I took my CD with the song Orphans of God by Avalon, because I was wanting someone -- not me -- to sing it. One of the other ladies really really wants to adopt, but her hubby isn't as "into it" and she has been wanting to sing this song, too, and didn't think anyone would have it. As we were leaving, she and I were talking about the song and how neither of us thought WE could get up and sing it @ church without bawling and not being able to finish... I told her we were just waiting on the powers that be, and when she asked, I explained that all the agencies say we have to be married 3 years first. She asked if we wanted to have any of our own, and I just kind of made a face and shook my head.... And ya know what? She didn't freak out or look at me like I had 2 heads and 8 eyes or whatever hubby was afraid of.... She nodded and said something to the effect of "I know... I understand where you are, but I don't want to cry..." And I didn't either, and we were all tired and ready for SLEEP, so we just left it at that at least for tonight. Granted, she had 2 miscarriages and 2 difficult pregnancies (in her own words), so there IS that connection... But I think that was a good way and good person to start letting in on our plans. So, where do we go from here? Obviously I'm not gonna get up in church this Sunday and just announce it to the world, but hhmmm.... I think for now, we will stick with letting it come up in the conversation and let it happen how it happens. Nice to have somewhere to start, though.

No comments: