Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cooking, and new furniture, and MRSA, oh my!

My Thanksgiving cookin is under way!! Tonight I (mostly) made some pasta salad... Am adding in sliced cherry tomatoes and black olives in the morning. The oatmeal fudge is done and on a platter, although it didn't really get as hard as I like it, and took longer to get hard, so I had to just dump it out and slice it, and used too much van. flavoring.. But oh well, it tastes good! ;) Pigs in a blanket are in a zip lock bag until I decide what to put them in. I still need some decent sized platters for holiday cooking!! Tomorrow morning, I'm making mixed veggie casserole and chicken casserole, and perhaps some brownies. I'm thinking I'm taking after my mom on the holiday cooking, and she took after her mom, who I'm sure, well, you get the point. In addition to the obligatory side-and-dessert-and-maybe-meat, I never think I've made enough stuff, and there will probably be something else I add at the last minute tomorrow. Whew. AND all of my dishes so far are washed, dried, and mostly put away.
NEW FURNITURE!!!! Our couch (more like loveseat) and chair-and-a-half arrived around lunch-ish. It's browner than I remembered, firmer than hubby remembered, but it's all good. We've got some re-arranging to do, but it is soooooo nice to NOT have a couch from the '80's anymore!!! My fears of having an old couch on the front porch, on Thanksgiving weekend no less, never came to fruition, because hubby's b-i-l took it to his school. So we're all set, and we can have a major sleep-over, because both new pieces let out into beds! ;) Nephews all have somewhere to sleep, if I'm brave enough to have them all at once!! hahaha
MRSA.... The dreaded drug-resistant staff. One of my adult cousins has had it recently, who got it from her 17-year-old daughter, who got it at dance. Lots of soap and hand sanitizer, and did I mention I have a gnarly burn on my arm that will absolutely be covered? Older sister's doctor said no touching/hugging/kissing/etc anyone who might be infected, you know, with a baby due in 4 weeks and all. And a 5-year-old and 2-year-old. Ugh.
I'm thankful for..... Family togetherness, living in America, being raised in a Christian home, having my own Christian home in which to raise my own family, a wonderful hubby, great in-laws, chocolate, Dr Pepper, and way too much more to name. Even IF.

No comments: