Saturday, July 2, 2011

Observations... Or, Shopping with Baby

Observation #1: Whoa, it's sooooo different to shop with a baby! Fun and enjoyable and made me very happy, but there's a bag and a kid to keep up with. And it required 2 trips back inside the restaurant, to get the pacifier I dropped under the table, and have someone fish my debit card out of the trash. Then I left it in the car at the store!!! Aaaahhhhh!!!!

Observation #2: If we get an infant, who is still in a rear-facing carseat, a taller car is in order.

Observation #3: "Strolling" through the mall with said baby will wear you out, especially if you leave her seat in the car and carry her.

Observation #4: Eau de BabyPuke is a genuine, free fragrance that will not wear off or fade away for many, many hours.

Observation #5: Why is it that I couldn't just say a simple thank you when someone commented on those blue eyes or sweet grin? It was so fun to walk through the mall and daydream about doing that with mine... But almost every.single.time. someone asked a question or made a comment, I just had to throw in that I'm just the aunt! Must admit, though, it was almost always because I was bragging that she gets to go to church with me tomorrow, and I was looking for a cute, festive dress.

Observation #IForgetWhich#: it is next to impossible to find a festive dress, size 0-3 months, the weekend of the holiday. "We" (as in I, as 5-month-olds really only care about food and attention) found ONE 6-9 month size sailor dress in the whole town. No other R,W&B to be found! :(
Observation #Last: After a full day of baby crying due to teething, and 4 little boys busy playing, and about 50 grown-ups having a fish fry at my parents.... It is soooooo nice to come home to a quiet house. I hear only the hum of the air conditioner, and summertime bugs outside.

It was a super fun day, and I'm a very happy, tired girl. A verrrry sleepy girl, who is looking forward to an uninterrupted night of sleep, so I can take care of the little girl and her 5-year-old brother again tomorrow. A girl could get used to this!

No comments: