Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My grandfather died

Grandaddy died this afternoon while I was driving home from work. We will probably be at the funeral home Thursday night, and the funeral will be Friday. All I can say right now is, I'm glad he's not hurting anymore, I'm glad he's with Grandmother again in Heaven... And I am very thamkful to have spent the last night of my grandaddy's life, holding his hand and trying to be of comfort to him, and letting my aunts, uncle, and mom all get a good night's sleep. Before that, I took the 5 middle cousins (ages 9-12) to the local park for a little over an hour, so they could play and didn't have to be quiet or get in trouble.
Stayed in the (comfortable) wheelchair by Grandaddy's side until about 3:30am, when I heard the youngest cousin (5 months old) crying. I gently laid Grandaddy's hand on his extra pillow and went to get the baby, then my mom made me go to sleep. I am much more at peace with my grandfather's death than I was my grandmother's. :)
I'll probably be away for the remainder of the week, see y'all next week.

No comments: