Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The weather matches my mood....

....Kind of... It's pouring out there right now, and we're supposed to have storms and possibly tornadoes during the night.
...I didn't want to admit that I knew what was coming (so little changes it seems), but let's just say there will be no Christmas miracle again this year, or at least not the one I was hoping for.
...And where in the world are we gonna get $30,000 in another year and a half or 2-3 more years? I don't really talk finances a lot, but I make roughly half that in one year. Hubby makes about $12,000 more than the 30,000... We live in a small, but comfortable home, and of course have a mortgage. For the moment, both vehicles are paid for, but my poor little car is on its last leg. It has had a tough life, full of travel and lots of commuting. It is currently leaking (water? coolant?) from (somewhere?) but this man that looked at it said the transmission is okay, but there might be a busted head gasket or leaky tube. We are looking at buying something else for me to drive, something reliable yet cost-efficient (ie, good but cheap), that will hopefully stay with us for the long haul. Gotta be a 4-door, prefer something small enough to do 3-point-turns in town, but big enough to be safe, with my history of not-my-fault-left-hand-turn-collisions. Short story long, while we're getting by just fine, there's not really a lot left over to save. So that's got me a little bummed tonight.
...And this weekend is the "busy weekend," where we are running crazy. I'm not at all prepared, and tonight I watched a movie and did NOTHING... Not exactly what I should have been doing, but I cut myself a break. And after this weekend, I have a four-day work week, because MY NEPHEW WILL BE BORN IN 10 DAYS!!!!!!!!! So, there's preparing myself for that. I'm using the distraction tactic -- go to hospital, see/hold/hog baby, then take 2 other nephews away from the hospital. I'm Mama for the weekend, spending the night at their house or mine.
...And there was a baby found in a paper bag not too far from our town. Alive, but ugh...

...Overall, just "blah".... I watched a sad, sappy movie tonight just to top it off. But it's not all doom and gloom, I promise. I actually thought about dragging out the Christmas stuff tonight. I'm definitely putting up the outdoor manger scene. Hubby got out the snow-couple. We'll just take it one thing at a time, K? I really am excited to see and hold and touch and take care of my newest nephew, and he's gonna be just as spoiled as the rest of 'em. And if I'm not gonna be preggers for Christmas, well, at least I'm getting AF out of the way before Christmas and New Year's!!

No comments: