Monday, December 29, 2008

Back to your regularly scheduled insanity, already in progress...

Whew. It's been a couple of weeks. My new nephew is here, home and doing great, minus a trip to the ER for my sister, and jaundice and weight checks for the little guy. My sister ended up with what she thought was a spinal headache, extremely high blood pressure, and a ride in the ambulance to find out she had the mother of all migraines. The baby boy weighed 9 lbs 1 oz and was 22 3/4 inches long. I've been spending a lot of time overe at their house helping out, getting up with the baby at night, and just playing with the other 2 boys. I spent several nights with them, but as my sister begins to heal, I'll be spending the night at home again. Last night I just came in and crashed. I love that little dude! He sleeps through everything -- 2 screaming little boys, lots of extended family, W!!-playing, quiet middle of the night, you name it, the babe sleeps. He only gets up a couple of times each night to eat, and goes back to bed easily. Rarely spits up. PERFECT little guy.
How is everybody's favorite aunt? Better than expected. No tears through the hospital visits, no tears after leaving their full house and coming home to my empty one. Still glad I didn't put that Christmas tree up (my mom isn't so happy about it), but overall, everything is wonderful. I almost hesitate to say it, but I think I'm finally content with just being the aunt. Ya know, it's certainly not a bad job to have. ;) The only reason I hesitate to say it is because usually once you get used to something, things have a way of changing. I'm holding my breath to see who is gonna make that next announcement that throws me for a loop, or wake up to find out the whole world is putting an end to adoption, or something. "Cautiously optimistic" is what I would call it on a good day, or "Waiting for the other shoe to drop" on a bad one. We shall see, dear, we shall see.

No comments: