Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh yeah, I'm back!!

So, it's Monday evening... The laundry is all washed, dried, folded, and put away for the week.... The kitchen is clean, all the dishes are washed... The living room is straightened and in order.... Even the kitchen table is in relatively decent shape. While it doesn't sound all that impressive, considering how the past few weeks have went, oh yes, it is rather amazing!! I'm coming out of my funk.
One minor incident this morning.... I grabbed lunch after making a morning pick-up along the drug route, grabbed 2 $5's out of my purse, threw my keys in my purse, locked my car door, got out, ordered my food, they didn't have $1's, no problem, I'll go back out to my car and get the change.... Anyone notice what's missing? Yeah, my purse, you know, the one I threw my keys in? It's in the passenger seat.... My husband has the only spare key, which he usually leaves at our house. He works in a town about an hour and a half away from my job... Nobody else has a key to our house... There's not one hidden outside anywhere... It will take 30 minutes more to drive from where I am, back home, then 30 more to drive back to where my car is, then an hour and a half back to work for him... I have both drugs and cash I picked up this morning in my car, so can't really leave it... My car is still insured under my parents, so she is looking for a number to call the insurance company, I tell hubby to stay @ work... The verdict: insurance will pay up to $50 for locksmith.... A former boss of mine uses one in town for everything, I know they're reputable, we call them, they tell us it will be about $45 and 15 minutes. The guy gets there in about 10, is in my car in less than 5, and says they quoted too high for the short distance he came, and knocks it down to $35.... I have a $20 and a $100... They don't take checks, he doesn't have that much change.... Luckily, there's a small bank in the same parking lot, where I get change... Whew..... Thankfully, the rest of the day was less exciting, except for getting a tad lost in one of the wrost neighborhoods, and coming out on a street known for drugs and drive-by's.... Just another day in the life of the delivery person... Can you tell why I'll be glad when I don't have to do that part anymore? And really, I should've stuck with the Sl!mf@ast diet I started a week or two ago and avoided the whole key thing.....
Speaking of the diet, Ican now button pants I couldn't pull up a month ago... It's not a pretty sight just yet, but I'm getting there. Pants I bought on our honeymoon last year almost fit like they did when I bought them. Pants I bought around Christmas hoping I would lose enough weight to wear by this summer, I was able to wear to work today.
Not only am I back, but less of me is back! ;)

No comments: