Monday, June 6, 2011

Stretched Thin

I'm feeling stretched rather thin these days! I know it's a decent misperception, but I'm kinda feeling like I'm the only person doing anything, anywhere.
I know that's not possible, because I obviously don't work or live or attend church all by myself. At work, we're barely getting things out the door on time, and as time-crunched as we are, there are bound to be more errors. That *I* get phone calls about and have to fix. And I swear nobody can look anything up for themselves, I have to stop what I am doing and answer questions they could easily answer just by looking in the computer. Am I also the only person who can pick up the stinkin' phone when it rings?
At home... I realize I work fewer hours than hubby... But I still work over 40 hours a week... But guess who is in bed right now, and guess who is waiting up on laundry? It would even make a difference if he was doing more *outside* work, but do his parents really need to mow the grass?!? I mean I'm glad they offer and are able to, but c'mon... I'm trying to clean UP and OUT, room by room, and keep things in order. I'm not the only one who contributes to the mess, but it seems like I'm the only one contributing to the WORK.
Church is busy... VBS is next week, I was asked to teach a class this time, and I usually am just a helper. I'm about to start teaching on Sunday mornings again. The Bible study I was getting to participate in on Sunday nights has kind of fallen apart, but I realllllllly honestly don't want to start teaching again. I was also asked to help with the Wed night children's summer program after VBS. I like teaching, I like kids, and I love teaching kids... But wow, could someone else step in and HELP?!?
Nieces and nephews have become very needy again. I love those kids, and if it's been more than a few days, I'm running to their house to see them... But it seems like they all need me at the same time.
So it's easy to see why I'm just ready to pull my hair out, or run away, or something. A deserted island where nobody needs me for anything, and people serve ME for once... A girl can dream, right?
So sorry... I don't mean to gripe, and I don't really hate life as much as it seems. I just need to be needed a little less. :( It's hard to keep filling others' cups when you're all poured out youself!

No comments: