Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pardon the silence!

So my uncle was kept on the vent for 6 days. The Saturday after his wreck, the machines were turned off, and less than 2 minutes later, he was finally at peace. The funeral home said he had more broken bones and worse breaks than the hospital told us about. We were given instructions to not let anyone touch him, because of his broken neck and shattered face. We knew about his neck, and we knew he had a broken nose and cheek bone - but apparently his face was actually shattered. His wife is supposed to come home today.
So life is returning to "normal" but it's so strange. I get caught up in what I'm doing, then I'm like "Whoa - my uncle was killed by a tex*ing driver!" It's just so bizarre that we lived that - that I was shopping in the mall when I got the call, that it actually crossed my mind when I peaked in before the nurses made us leave that I might never see him conscious again, that we spent days in the tr*uma unit, that I actually watched as the tube was removed and he took his last breaths. Just bizarre.
in other news, my house is a wreck. We simply **HAFTA** get this mess cleaned up, so we can have our second visit, so we can one day get some children in this home! A week at the hospital, followed by funeral stuff, followed by the beginning of tball/softball season for our oldest nephew and niece. One day, my little babies - one day.

No comments: