Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We've been approved!!!

Pardon the month-long pause. Hubby and I got new phones, and it took me some time to figure out how to get to my blog, and remember passwords and such. Of course December is a busy month, with parties and gatherings and special church things and we were home even less than usual.
I didn't get my Christmas wish... We were not approved, I didn't get to at least see a picture of our potential children there was no word at all. I was kind of bummed, but thankful to not have a lot of time to dwell on it.
Imagine my surprise, then, when we were finally approved in the first week of the year!!! So now we are officially
"just" waiting for a match. We were approved for 1-2, and possibly 3, children of any sex or race, toddlers, or up to age 8 if a toddler is included in the sibling group. Okay, to be honest, 3 kind of scares me, and 1 would be the most spoiled child ever, so I'm really hoping for 2! 8 years old is a little intimidating... That's the ages of our oldest niece and nephew and WOW.... This actually IS our first rodeo, so I'd be more comfy with younger than 8!
It could be next week... Or next month... Or next YEAR, for all we know. We will be retaining the same SW we have been working with, who should probably be given a bloggy name. We are gonna give it some time, as our letter of approval was mailed this week... Maybe next week we will call her to see if there are any prospects.
In some ways, it's nice to finally be at this point... We are ONLY waiting on a referral, not more hoops through which to jump. Each leg of this journey has its own unique challenges.. We've only been in this stage for a week, and already I have several things going through my mind. Let's keep this happy, though, and brief... We have been approved, and are just waiting to meet our children!!! Yay for progress!!!

No comments: