Monday, December 5, 2011

Just Once...

Just once... I would like to be SOMEone's top priority, just because. Not because I'm the only one who can keep their kids, not because nothing better came along, but just because they think I matter more than fill-in-the-blank.
Just once... I would like for someone to call and ask what help I might need, not to ask for yet another favor.
Just once... I would like someone to tell me I'm doing a good job, or even an okay job, instead of only calling when there is a problem.
Just once... I would like to go out to eat with just me and my mom, instead of our date being crashed, or cancelled altogether, because of other people's kids.
Just once... I would like for someone to call me back when they say they will, instead of waiting for me to call a day/week/month later because there has been no response.
Just once... I would like for someone to do what they promise, when they promise.
just once... I would like for someone to not freak out when I say I'm not putting up a Christmas tree at all this year.
Just once, I'd like someone to understand instead of condemn me for doing/thinking/acting/choosing differently than they would.
Just once... And it doesn't have to be the whole list in the same week/year/decade.
It would just be nice to hear someone say, "you matter. Period." Just once. Is that really too much to ask?

No comments: